Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Quilt Project

SANY0070

 

 

 

 

 

Hello to all.  This is Kara, Ryan’s wife, and this is my very  first blog post.  Ever.  I hope to update on a regular basis to share the things we are working on.  The above picture is a quilt that I recently made with the help of my apprentices (Jade and Scarlet) :) 

Here is the backing:

SANY0077 

I pieced this from the extra fabric that I didn’t use on the front, and also added a small border to make it big enough.  I always like to add a label with the recipient’s name, special occasion, date, etc. (shown here in the bottom right corner).  This quilt was for Ryan’s sister Erin, who is so special to us!

SANY0073

The pattern is called a split nine patch, and I machine quilted along the diagonal rows as well as around the border perimeter.

SANY0082

It is always so rewarding to finish a project that you’ve been working on, and even more so to know that someone else is able to enjoy the fruit of your labors!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kara,

    Got your email...nice quilt! Hope you and Ryan are doing well. Brad and I are doing well in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, and I have been practicing dental hygiene for a year. Tell everyone I said hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your hard work on it, my sweet, sweet sister! :) So thankful for you! Love you! ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, this is so neat! It is motivational to see all the different things you are learning to do. Please keep updating!

    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara,
    This is a very pretty quilt.
    I hope I can get started making quilts again soon. You are such a wonderful homemaker. I'm so proud of you. I'm thankful to have 3 daughters that can make anything they set their mind to.It sure feels good when you finish your project, and you see how happy it makes the person you've made it for. Maybe someday we can work on a quilt together.

    ReplyDelete