Yesterday I attempted to make my first dress for the girls, and I am quite pleased with the results! I bought this McCall’s 5966 pattern a year or more ago after being inspired by this post.
I haven’t been able to find any warm, long dresses for little girls so I knew I would have to make my own, but the thought of sewing clothes is a bit daunting to me. I have a difficult time following the patterns and directions. I learn best by someone actually showing me how to do something.
I got this flannel off of the local quilt shops $1.99/yard table. It took a bit less than 2 yards total. I loved working with this type of material; it is very forgiving!
Scarlet specifically requested pockets, so of course I had to add those.
The only other alteration that I made was changing the zipper that the pattern called for, and added buttons instead.
Next, I have to make one for Jade. And hopefully several more for both of them.
Very nicely done. It looks like a good one to twirl in. - Todd
ReplyDeleteI love it. How pretty. :-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! If I had little girls, I'd like to try that pattern too!
ReplyDeleteThey turned out wonderful, Kara! Good job! And I must say that you have some of the most adorable little dress models ever. :) I love how the top of the sleeves are, it adds character. -Erin
ReplyDelete